Family Medical Center
Family Medical Center
Dental Hygienists provide periodontal treatment to patients and increase the efficiency of the clinic by performing expanded duties, as allowed by law and as directed by the dentists. You may also assist in dental health projects within the community.
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Education: Graduation from a Dental Hygiene school.
- Experience: Supervisory experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current WA State dental hygiene license. Current CPR Certification within 3 months of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of established hygiene concepts; basic computer knowledge and skill. Complete understanding of and skilled in the delivery of dental anesthetic and placing restorations; understanding of medical/emergency procedures. Effectively manage patient fears and apprehensions; communicate effectively with clinic personnel and patients of all ages including children; work well with others. Considerable dexterity and coordination. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :